November 9, 2010
Today I am Thankful…
…for the World Wide Web.
I know the internet can be cussed and discussed, praised or preached about; and I do agree that it's a gift that must be carefully managed.
If you are wise, you not only managed your time and your content on the internet, but you also manage your time and content on the television, the radio, your books, your entertainment, your friends and your hobbies.
Titus 1:15 – 16 – " Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."
Even a "sermon" can be used for unGodly means:
II Peter 3:16 – " As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."
So, for the good that it brings into my life, I am thankful for the internet.
- I have met and reconnected with lovely friends.
- I have learned so many new things through research on various topics.
- I have been encouraged in my spirit by the faithfulness of others.
- I have learned skills that have improved my household management.
- I have read sermons.
- I can look up new recipes for my family.
- I have listened to classical literature being read to me.
- I can quickly look up any Scripture.
- I have printed out coupons to save money for my family budget.
- I can send out a prayer request that literally goes around the world to my friends in England, Japan, Australia, Canada and even across town. 😉
The World Wide Web has truly been a blessing to me:
It means that I can write down all the things for which I am thankful, and share them with YOU!