Whew! What a whirlwind 20 hours it has been! Not even a full day – it's hard to believe.
Last night, Isaac would not go to sleep and we could tell that he was in pain. Eventually we saw some swelling in his groin area.
We got him into the children's hospital as quickly as we could (around 1 a.m. this morning) and after sonagrams and x-rays, it was determined that Isaac had this condition.
They took him into surgery immediately. Unfortunately, the condition had damaged the left side and it could not be saved. Fortunately, the surgery was short and he had no complications.
We were sent home within 5 hours of his surgery. He has been resting easy, with no complaining about pain or discomfort, since we arrived home.
I was so grateful for the many prayer warriors who stormed the throne of the Father on Isaac's behalf.
- It was amazing to have friends in the mid-west pick up the prayers as soon as we put it up on Facebook.
- They were soon joined by my west coast friends.
- It wasn't long after that before I heard from my friend in Japan who joined the prayer chain.
- Then my early rising east coast friends completed the circle, as they read and prayed for Isaac,
- Followed quickly by another set of folks from the mid-west!
Isn't that just the most incredible thing? We were amazed and awed to know that Isaac was being lifted in prayer all around the world.
We are – truly – so thankful for each of you who prayed for us!