Life is exhausting, isn't it? I know that sounds silly, but that's how I feel today. I am physically tired and the bad news has just rolled in all day long, it seems:
- Friends just starting their battle with cancer.
- Other friends in the midst of their battle with cancer who are so weakened by the cure that they cannot care for themselves right now.
- Precious friends struggling in their marriages, trying to find relief from the pain of unmet needs and unfulfilled dreams.
- Friends trying to determine God's will for their lives – choosing between ministry or marriage.
- One friend keeping vigil by her sick child's hospital bed, while trying to figure out just what is making her special needs kiddo even sicker than usual right now.
And I have a headache.
I was going to complain on FaceBook about that…
Until I read all the other emails, and statuses, and texts that brought all of the above info…
Now, I'm just counting my blessings and praying for my loved ones.
The best medicine for the "woe-is-me's" is a good dose of reality; and then a spoonful of the tonic of a "gratitude attitude".
God is so good to me! I know He will meet my needs, and that He will be a Mighty God to all of my friends, as well.
It's ok for us to be troubled some days by this life that we are living…as long as that causes us to turn our eyes to our wonderful Saviour…as long as we "look full in His wonderful face". We will find that "the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."*
Blessings to you,