For the past 6 months, Doug and I have been acclimating ourselves to the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating. It is a little science-y for me, and so I’m glad he’s been lending his brilliant teacher brain to help with our menus and recipes.
It’s very rare for me to stick to someone else’s written recipe, so when it came time to make these delicious sugar-free treats, I did some tweaking to the original THM recipe and combined it with one I found while strolling through pins on Pinterest.
Here’s what we finally came up with:
Sugar-Free Raspberry Gummies
- Boil 2 cups water.
- Add 2 Raspberry Zinger and 1 Wild Berry Zinger tea bags to water and steep 5 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, puree 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries.
- Remove tea bags, add pureed raspberries to tea. Strain through metal sieve to remove seeds.
- To tea/fruit mixture, add 5 tsp. Gentle Sweet, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, then using a whisk, gradually add 7 Tbsp. Just Gelatin. Continue whisking until gelatin is dissolved. I used the sieve to remove any undissolved pieces of gelatin.
- Pour or spoon mixture into silicone or plastic molds. You could also pour into baking dish, and cut into squares later.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set. Remove from molds and store in refrigerator until completely set.
These are not only sugar-free, but full of vitamin C, so completely healthy for you. The gelatin is excellent for nail and hair growth, and is very soothing to an upset tummy. It also aids in digestion. Plus they taste SO yummy!!!