When your world narrows to just four walls and a bed…
When everything is colored by a haze of pain…
When you are the care-receiver, rather than the caregiver…
Certain undeniable truths rise to the surface:
- God is merciful
- Things could be worse
- Prayer is practiced breath by breath, rather than crisis by crisis
- The attitude of the patient is just as important as the attitude of the "nurse"
- You cannot stop trying…even when it hurts, even when you fail
- Promises of prayer become huge pillars on which your life rests, not mere spindles of religious politeness
- The art of conversation is a skill not many possess
- Compassion becomes a driving force, rather than an afterthought
- Hymns of praise become the soundtrack to your thought life
- God becomes All in All, a close companion and confidante, a Name whispered in moments of panic and shouted in times of agony, each one a sincere prayer for Divine Intervention
These are truths that, honestly, I would rather not learn; but God has decided I need to know them.
Who am I to question His plan?
As I rest today, here in my room, I am praying for God's divine healing of my back. I would really by grateful for your prayer of agreement with me on this.
God is a very kind and compassionate friend. If you admit your need of Him, He is quick to meet your need. Just cry out to Him today.
Blessings to you this day,